National Transportation Safety Board
Airplane accidents are often avoidable tragedies that result from negligent acts or omissions, or from the failure of a defective part or the negligence of a pilot or other person.
Aviation disasters demand immediate investigation. Your attorney can combine scientific investigation with creative legal strategies to determine the cause of an aviation crash. This enables the attorneys to pursue effectively the mission of recovering full and fair compensation for aviation crash victims and their families.
What To Do Following a Plane Crash
- Have your own reconstruction team quickly review physical evidence; The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) does an excellent job in its investigation, but you and your lawyer are usually not allowed to participate in the investigation. Call the NTSB and ask to be informed of any investigation developments.
- Obtain names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses. Photograph the accident scene and any visible injuries (cuts, bruises). Professional photographs are preferable.
- Talk to no one about the crash without the consent of your personal attorney. Sign nothing without consulting an attorney. You may expect airline and insurance company representatives to contact you immediately following the crash.
- Obtain and keep receipts for all expenses relating to the disaster.
Damages Which A Victim And The Victim’s Family May Be Entitled To Recover Include:
- Hospital and medical expenses;
- Both past and future lost earnings;
- Both past and future permanent physical disability, such as a limp, scars, loss of a limb emotional distress, such as depression and anxiety grief and emotional suffering caused by the death of a loved one loss of love and companionship caused by the death of a loved one damage or destruction of property physical pain and suffering loss of enjoyment of life.
If you would like to consult with an attorney about a possible claim involving an aviation accident or airport security, contact us at any time.
Some attorneys or law firms brag about their settlements or verdicts in an attempt to entice clients. Altemus & Wagner does not do so because every case is unique. More importantly, Altemus & Wagner puts the same quality and aggressiveness into every case, not only the big cases.
You will find a great deal of helpful information on this website. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, call us at any time. You will be able to speak directly to an attorney who will answer your questions. There is never a charge to call and talk about a personal injury matter. You may also go to our online personal injury questionnaire and submit your information online. An attorney will contact you right away. If you prefer, we can also visit you in your home, place of business or care facility to discuss your personal injury claim.
Click here to fill out our online case questionnaire.
Since most of the time injured victims will suffer some form of loss (be it income, physical, emotional, or other), our legal system provides for compensation in these instances. However, the law only provides a limited time within which to pursue your claim, so you should contact us right away. If you wait too long, you will be forever barred from pursuing your claim.
If you have been injured in an accident, call Altemus & Wagner so you can avoid mistakes commonly made by injured individuals. Most likely, there will be a source of recovery for you. Don’t forget our online personal injury questionnaire where you can submit your information online.